Strong Women Awards launched
The inaugural Queensland Rural Regional and Remote Women’s Network ‘Strong Women Leadership Awards 2012’ are now open for nominations. The primary aim of the awards is to encourage women to identify and celebrate the strengths they contribute to their community through their participation in agricultural, social, business, education, community-based, benevolent and other activities.
QRRRWN is also providing a structure though which it can mentor and develop all entrants in the program so they can grow personally and professionally to be stronger women in stronger communities.
The awards program is also a learning-ground and stepping-stone for women who wish to gain confidence and skills and progress further to apply for larger-scale awards programs such as RIRDC Awards, Telstra Awards etc.
The Queensland rural, regional and remote women's leadership award categories include:
- Business: for women showing leadership in running or managing a commercial rural, regional or remote business. This includes agricultural businesses.
- Community: for women showing leadership in running or managing a community service or group in rural, regional or remote Queensland. Includes not-for-profit.
- Professional: for women showing leadership providing services in the employ of an organisation or government body in rural, regional or remote Queensland.
There will be three independent judges for each section, and the following prizes will be awarded:
- All entrants will receive free access to a series of professional and personal development webinars designed specifically for them.
- All short-listed entrants will receive free entry to the QRRRWN Conference Dinner event in St George on September 6 where the winners will be announced.
- The three category winners will receive prizes, professional development opportunities, and media coverage.
Nominations opened April 1 and close May 31.
For more information go to http://qrwn.org.au/strong-women-awards.php or call QRRRWN at 1300 795 571.